|Tales from Moominvalley|
|Preceded by||Moominland Midwinter|
|Followed by||Moominpappa at Sea|
Tales from Moominvalley (Swedish: Det osynliga barnet och andra berättelser, literally "The Invisible Child and other stories") is the sixth book in the Moomin series by Finnish author, Tove Jansson. Unlike all the other books, which were novels, it is a book of short stories, and is the longest book in the series. It was first published in 1962 (second edition 1998).
The book contains nine stories:
- The Spring Tune (Vårvisan) - a story about Snufkin trying to compose a new tune as he is travelling north to Moominvalley
- A Tale of Horror (En hemsk historia) - about a young whomper meeting Little My.
- The Fillyjonk Who Believed In Disasters (Filifjonkan som trodde på katastrofer) - about Fillyjonk worrying for natural disasters and feeling misunderstood by Gaffsie.
- The Last Dragon In the World (Historien om den sista draken i världen) - about Moomintroll and Snufkin finding a small, insect-like dragon, the first seen in 70 years.
- The Hemulen Who Loved Silence (Hemulen som älskade tystnad) - about a unhappy Hemulen working in the family amusement park, only wanting to be retired and to have a dollhouse.
- The Invisible Child (Berättelsen om det osynliga barnet) - about Ninny, a girl who turned invisible from being frightened by her caretaker.
- The Secret of the Hattifatteners (Hatifnattarnas hemlighet) - about Moominpappa observing how the Hattifnatteners live on a boat.
- Cedric (Cedric) - about the cuddly toy Cedric, which Sniff has given to Gaffsie's daughter.
- The Fir Tree (Granen) - about the Moomins waking up from their hibernation during christmas.